Learn How To Set Up a WordPress Blog through a series of Step-by-Step Instructions and Video Tutorials.
When you start writing articles on your WordPress blog, you’ll probably want to change its appearance. The look and feel of a WordPress blog is controlled by Themes. A WordPress theme is a collection of files that include PHP Pages, images, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and other files. These files create the pages that display the contents of your blog and apply styling and other functionality to the content.
Plugins are tools to extend the functionality of WordPress. This article contains a list of plugins by category, and links to other plugin repositories. The core of WordPress is designed to be lean, to maximize flexibility and minimize code bloat. Plugins offer custom functions and features so that each user can tailor their site to their specific needs.
Video Support for My WordPress EBook
This collection of videos shows how to perform all of the tasks outlined in my WordPress: From Beginner to Expert ebook. You will learn everything you need to know to create a customized, professional blog using WordPress. Create your very own professional, customized blog from scratch.
How to Download the WordPress Software
This video shows all of the steps in the process of Downloading the WordPress Software.
View the rest of the videos in the series:
- How to Download the WordPress Software
- How to Create a MySQL Database for WordPress
- How to Prepare the wp-config File for Your Wordpress Installation
- Use Filezilla to Load the WordPress Installation Files to your Server
- How to Run the WordPress Installation Process
- A Walkthrough of the WordPress Administrative Interface
- How to Configure Your Blog’s Settings from the WordPress Dashboard
- How to Create Static Pages in WordPress
- How to Create Categories in WordPress
- How to Use the WordPress Add Post Menu to Publish Articles
- How to Use Themes to Control the Look of Your WordPress Blog
- How to Add Widgets to Your WordPress Blog
- How to Use Plugins to Extend the Functionality of your WordPress Blog
- How to Update Your WordPress Installation